Potato waffles or waffled potatoes are potatoes made into a waffle mixture and cooked in a waffle iron. This type of potato is mainly made in the UK and Ireland. Waffles is a batter or dough cooked between two plates creating a shape and impression. There are many varieties of waffle irons available on the market. Waffles are enjoyed throughout Europe and in the US.
Potato waffles recipe:
There are many quick and delicious recipes made with potatoes and with waffle iron. Some of the recipes are listed below
- Waffled potato kugel with bacon
- Chicken, broccoli and cheddar potato waffles.
- Sweet potato sourdough waffles
- Simple mashed potato waffles
- Spring greens waffle latkes
- Waffled hash browns
- Smoky potato waffles with eggs
- Cinnamon apple sweet potato waffles
- Loaded potatoes waffle bites
- Potato, eggs, and cheese waffles
There are number of recipes made with potato waffles and these delicious potato waffle recipes are simple to make for a beginner. You can whip one up in no time!
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Onion and Garlic are cooked until tender and stirred into the butter.
- Place onion, garlic, eggs, flour, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl and mix it well.
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the instructions in the manual.
- Add a scoop of batter onto the waffle iron and close it until it is cooked golden brown.
Potato waffles are fairly high in calories and should be eaten in moderation. It is better to eat carbohydrates in the day time when you are active and can burn calories. This is a great breakfast option.